This was a two part project. The first was the construction of the armature which proved to be a more complex task than I originally thought. It's made out of modeling wire, and was going to have a clay body. When I started applying the clay, it took away from the simple look I admired (in addition to drying out too quickly). I chose to stick to bare metal. In the feet are a pair of butterfly bolts with the wings bent at right angles to fit the form of the foot. That allowed me to screw a bolt up through a pegboard and into the feet to keep the armature from falling over during the shoot.
The goal of the project was to get practice animating from existing footage, so there's a video of me doing exactly this that I used a reference while posing the armature, frame by frame.